HAIC is governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners appointed by the Indiana County Commissioners. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development requires that one Board member be an HAIC client in order to insure resident participation. Current Board members include:
- James E. McQuown, Chairman
- John Fordyce, Treasurer
- Curt Ramsden, Assistant Secretary/Treasurer
- Donald Lorelli
- Heather Gelles
The roles and responsibilities of the Board of Commissioners include:
- Set policy and direction of the agency.
- Adopt and oversee budgets and insure that sufficient operating funds are available.
- Hire and retain a qualified Executive Director.
- Serve as advocates for housing on local, regional and national levels.
- Ensure that the housing authority operates in a manner that is efficient and effective, within legal and regulatory guidelines, and prevents mismanagement, fraud or discrimination.