HAIC is governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners appointed by the Indiana County Commissioners. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development requires that one Board member be an HAIC client in order to insure resident participation. Current Board members include:
- Heather Gelles, Chairwoman
- Curt Ramsden, Vice-Chairman
- Donald Lorelli, Secretary
- Jeffrey Boden, Treasurer
- James E. McQuown, Assistant Secretary/Treasurer
The roles and responsibilities of the Board of Commissioners include:
- Set policy and direction of the agency.
- Adopt and oversee budgets and insure that sufficient operating funds are available.
- Hire and retain a qualified Executive Director.
- Serve as advocates for housing on local, regional and national levels.
- Ensure that the housing authority operates in a manner that is efficient and effective, within legal and regulatory guidelines, and prevents mismanagement, fraud or discrimination.
2020 Board Meeting Dates (all meetings are held at the HAIC office at 5:00pm, unless otherwise specified)
January 16, 2020
February 20, 2020
March 19, 2020
April 16, 2020- meeting has been cancelled
May 21, 2020 (in conjunction with the Public Hearing for the Agency Plans)
June 18, 2020
July- No Meeting
August 6, 2020
September 17, 2020
October 15, 2020
November 19, 2020 (meeting will be held at Morewood Towers, Blairsville)
December- No Meeting